The Director of Communications at the Office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation, Muhammed Ahmed, has stated that the fire outbreak at the Federal Secretariat, Phase II in Abuja was caused by an explosion originating from the electrical utility room within the Office of the Special Adviser to the President on Sustainable Goals Development.
He mentioned that the fire had impacted the utility rooms spanning from the second to the eighth floors of the building before personnel from the Federal Capital Territory Fire Service intervened to manage and control the situation.
He said, “At about 2:30 p.m. today, there was a fire incident at the Block C of the Federal Secretariat, Phase II, Abuja. The fire was triggered by an explosion from the electrical utility room on the 3rd floor of Block C being used as a solar and inverter room by the present occupant, office of the special adviser to the President on Sustainable Development Goals.
“The incident, which was brought under control by the prompt response of personnel from the Federal, as well as the FCT Fire Services at about 5:00 pm, affected the Utility Rooms on the second to the eighth floors of the building.”