The Lagos State Police Command on Wednesday confirmed the death of a couple and their three children who were found at their apartment in the Apapa area of Lagos State.
Punch Metro reported that the corpses of the businessman identified as Lawrence Olorungbo, his wife and three children were discovered in their apartment after several efforts to contact the couple on their telephone proved abortive.
While confirming the report, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Benjamin Hundeyin, said that the most likely cause of the incident is generator fumes.
He said, “The incident is true; they met the entire family dead and they have been evacuated but the autopsy has not been concluded. An investigation is ongoing.
“How the corpses were discovered was that the husband’s number was not going through, so they went to check him at home and the decomposing corpses of him and his wife were found.
“Paper works for the autopsy is ongoing, but everything indicates that the suspected cause of the victims’ death was generator fumes. The direction of the generator’s exhaust indicates that the fume emitting from the generator was the suspected cause of their deaths. But the autopsy will be done soon.”
Leave a Reply